Monday, June 6, 2016

50th Birthday Cake

 50th Birthday Cake

Loved making this special 50th birthday. This is the 2 tier special birthday cake that I made last weekend for my cousin Shrani's 50th birthday party. 10" and 8" tier cake, flavors and fillings included  almond buttercream, vanilla buttercream, vanilla cake with almond butter cream and covered with marshmallow fondant.
Love this cake and made these peonies.



May 26 was my cousin Shrani’s birthday.  Shrani is a lovely cousin and light yellow flower is her favorite.  So, I made light yellow peony flower for her birthday cake topper.  My favorite fondant almond layer Cake with almond Buttercream Frosting and covered with fondant. I made two tier, golden ribbon around the bottom of the cake. Added a 50 cake topper.


During the week I was making the gum paste light yellow peonies and leaves. I made these peonies for three days and let them dry .
Two days before I baked the cakes. The day before I stacked the cake and butter cream.
Meanwhile Make Frosting: In a large bowl, beat the butter at medium until it's pale yellow and fluffy.  Add powdered sugar beat at low until well combined and creamy.  Set in the fridge for about 5-10 minutes to firm it up slightly.
Smooth the batter level, then spread it slightly from the center to the edges.
Spread one of the layers of cake with frosting then refrigerate.  Frost the second layer and refrigerate until the frosting on both layers has firmed up a bit.  Assemble both the layers and frost the top and sides. Refrigerate.
Covered with marshmallow fondant.
Decorated with on top of the cake sugar gum paste light yellow peonies, flower.
The base of each tier gold ribbon and accented with closed peonies flower in light yellow on top. Flavors and fillings included  almond buttercream, vanilla buttercream and cake covered with marshmallow fondant.
These were my first attempt at making peonies flowers and I think they came out really nicely! My cousin loved the cake and taste of the cake, She looks really great for 50.



No comments: